Saturday, March 22, 2014

Homebrewing!

First, the tone...


Last week a co-worker asked me to brew a beer on his homebrewing system. He wanted me to brew my favorite American style and since I don't really have a favorite I thought I would brew a stout, considering there are no stouts here in Bavaria.


Brewing is the same wherever you go. I was amazed that even though my friend speaks very little English and I speak very little German we could still have a good conversation about beer, meeting in the middle. This also translates into large scale brewing for the most part.


It was the first time I had come up with an all grain recipe in almost a year. And he made me come up with it on the spot. I used Bravo and EKG hops with London yeast. It will taste fantastic!

1 comment:

  1. I really like your confidence. I'm still at the phase at which, after brewing, I say aloud, "Well, at the very least, it'll be beer" :-)

    ReplyDelete